Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center and Mayo Clinic recently announced that Summit Healthcare has joined the Mayo Clinic Care Network, a growing network of organizations committed to working together in the best interests of their patients.
Summit Healthcare remains independent, but as a member of the network, it has access to Mayo Clinic knowledge and resources to complement its expertise and enhance its local care. Physicians at Summit Healthcare and Mayo Clinic can collaborate – with no additional charge to patients – so that more patients can receive their care close to home while gaining additional peace of mind.
- “Summit Healthcare is honored to become a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network,” says Ron McArthur, CEO, Summit Healthcare. “Our mission is: ‘Trusted to deliver exceptional, compassionate care, close to home,’ and this collaboration with Mayo Clinic allows us to achieve that mission by enhancing the health care services we already have.”
As a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Summit Healthcare will have access to the latest Mayo knowledge and expertise. Network tools and services include:
- eConsults that allow physicians to connect electronically with Mayo Clinic specialists when they believe additional input will benefit their patients
- AskMayoExpert, a web-based source of medical information for use at the point of care, that offers the latest from Mayo Clinic on the evaluation and treatment of medical conditions
- Health Care Consulting that enables network members to learn more about the way Mayo Clinic operates and how its clinical, operational and business models are designed and implemented
- eTumor Board conferences that invite network physicians to present and discuss complex cancer cases with a multidisciplinary panel of Mayo Clinic specialists and other network members Summit Healthcare providers also can access Mayo Clinic’s extensive library of patient education materials and view archived Mayo Clinic grand rounds presentations that feature Mayo Clinic physicians and scientists.
“This relationship is based on our fundamental and shared belief that the needs of the patient come first,” says Keith Cannon, M.D., medical director, Southwest Region, of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. “We look forward to working with Summit Healthcare to find new and innovative ways that will enhance that care.”
Summit Healthcare and other network members undergo a rigorous evaluation before joining the network. Members remain independent, but share Mayo Clinic’s commitment to improve the quality and delivery of health care. Launched in 2011, the network has more than 40 member organizations in the U.S., Mexico, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
About Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center
Summit Healthcare is a not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission to provide exceptional care close to home. For further information, call 928-537-4375 or visit www.summithealthcare.net.
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization committed to clinical practice, education and research, providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing. For more information, visit mayoclinic.org/about-mayo-clinic or newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/.