Is the most sleep you’re getting between 5 – 7 am? You struggle to get out of bed in the morning, needing an old-fashioned double-bell, wind-up alarm clock set in a metal waste basket to even wake you. You often fall asleep watching TV but can’t get to sleep once you’re in bed? Or you fall asleep easily, but are wide-awake at 2:00 am and can’t get back to sleep? Your level of irritability and crankiness is at an all time high? If this is you, you’ll recognize these as the signs of a sleeping problem if:
- you really need those extra hours of sleep on the weekend
- your eyelids slam shut at the drop of a hat
- you feel drowsy while driving or working at a repetitive task
- the snooze button is your best friend when getting up earlier than usual
A few helpful tips to help you move past sleeping problems are:
- Clear your mind and relax your body by noticing items in your bedroom, and taking a deep breath between each thing. For example, be aware of a sharp crease in the sheets, followed by a deep breath. Then notice the soft fluffiness of your pillow, followed by yet another deep breath. Continue until you fall asleep.
- Unplug your modem and turn off that smart phone. Too much stimulation (LED light or otherwise) right before bed works better than coffee to derail those sweet dreams.
- Go to bed at the same time every night, waking up the next day at the same time. If overly tired, try going to bed 30 minutes earlier for a week and see if that makes a difference. Your mind and body are accustomed to habits, and you can create a new one.
If you still find yourself endlessly dragging through the day and napping every chance you get, 90% of the time Unstuck Living can help you find relief to finally enjoy a full night’s sleep in as quickly as one to three sessions.
Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) is not therapy. It is an easy and tested method to help people move through old patterns and get unstuck. It is about learning to use your mind more effectively, developing positive choices than the ones not working for you now. This is achieved by reframing past hurts and pains in a way that puts you in charge of how you’ll respond. Everything you need to change your life is already within you. All you need is to have the tools to tap into (that wisdom, those resources).
For more information or to make an appointment, call Joan Courtney at (928) 357-8208 or visit www.unstuck-living.com. Bringing more than 30 years of experience to her practice, Joan is a highly qualified NLP practitioner and a certified clinical hypnotherapist. In a confidential way, she uses that knowledge to help her clients become no-limit people. Many have found her friendly ways and precise techniques to be the easiest road toward a better life.